Mint mango chutney

Ingredients:
1 unripe green mango
1 bunch of fresh mint
2-3 green peppers (to your taste)
1 garlic pod
salt to taste

Blend all ingredients in your favorite mixer along with a little water, and your chutney is done.

Mango is the king of fruits in India, very rarely will you find an Indian who is not a mango fan. There are so many different varieties of mangoes in India in the summer. Households eagerly await the mango season. My paternal grandfather owned 7 mango trees in our hometown village and we got more mangoes than we could fill in one large room from floor to ceiling. I remember visiting our ancestral home as a little girl in the summers, sitting on the garden swing and devouring mango after mango. Sadly, those days are gone - I have not been back to our village in over 7 years, my nieces and cousins are all married and nephews have all moved out. My dear grandparents are no longer. A home that had over 30 people hustling and bustling with activity has reduced to a quiet place with my uncle and aunt. I hope to go back soon, in the next year or two with my husband and soak in my childhood memories.

Health benefits:
Coming back to mangoes, not only do they taste so good, but they are full of good things - they contain phenols, that have powerful antioxidant and anticancer properties, are high in iron, and help combat acidity and indigestion. This yellow fruit is a rich source of beta-carotene, vitamin E and Selenium - all of which protect the heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP