Restaurants


BOSTON

Bay Area

Minneapolis

Black sheep pizza
Fresh oregano aromas, in a cozy loft restaurant, with friendly service and good pizza. The crust was yummy.






Pizza Nea
Exposed brick, classy red upright chairs, candlelight and an outside patio to enjoy, hands down the best pizza I have tried in the twin cities so far. We tried the Melanzana with eggplant, roasted peppers, mozzarella, goat cheese, onion, parsley and crushed tomatoes. Was delicious, especially the eggplant - cooked to perfection. We also ordered their special with a black olive tapenade, which was ok. A friend ordered one of their white pizzas but with a red sauce. Verdure - olives, capers, pepperoncini, garlic, roma tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, parmegiano-reggiano, rosemary, oregano, and balsamic vinaigrette. This one was my favorite. The olives were just the right salty and tangy and the pepperoncini gave it a good kick.

Brunch at Barbette: The bold summer sun made our spot a cozy bask. Friends were working on a business plan amidst the weekend bustle. Creative marketing ideas and pricing strategies rallied across table ends. Our friendly server brought me freshly squeezed OJ, a refreshing awakening to the weekend, with a soft warm waffle. The waffle was topped with tiny juicy blueberries and a tangy lemon curd. A good choice, but the hash browns were nothing to write home about.

Common Roots Cafe is a neat cafe in Lynlake, with a gorgeous outdoor garden patio, with free WiFi and ample power outlets everywhere. The indoors has lots of space - by the windows, by all the hustle but also not by the windows if you like cool dim working spaces. They have breakfast choices, soups and salads for lunch, dinner entrees, eye feasting pastries, salad deli, wines and beers and a happy hour too. They have it all. I had an herb cheddar scone with coffee for a breakfast meeting and then for lunch a yam zucchini bisque. It was surprisingly flavorful, loaded with cloves and cinnamon, creamy and delicious with the purple corn tortilla chips. We also tried the grilled vegetable (eggplant, peppers, mushroom) on focasia with a red pesto and smoked gouda. Need I say anymore? I loved everything about the cafe. They even have a decent size parking.

French Meadow Cafe: These guys are super vegetarian friendly, even vegan for that matter. I have had a few items of their menu now. I really enjoyed the sweet corn arepas recently. Its served with vegan sausage that I asked to be substituted with tofu. I have issues when my food needs to resemble meat, I cant stomach it. The arepas were served on a bed of fresh spinach, topped with sauteed sweet peppers, finished with a balsamic reduction. The spice in the tofu and arepas balanced the sweet toppings very well. I camped out all afternoon by the patio seating, plugged to ingeniously placed outdoor sockets, and rewarded myself to a scone before I left. Its a fun place for outdoor dinner seating too with great meal options.

Salsa A la Salsa is one of my favorite Mexican places. They plate so well, use creative fresh ingredients, have a casual ambiance with traditional background music. An exceptionally vegetarian friendly place, they make the best potato flautas and chile relano. Those are two dishes I crave to eat at restaurants but its always a meat stuffing. I am so glad they figured a vegetarian version and its soooo good. Their green sauce leaves me licking off every last bit off the plate. And the red sangria is delicious. You have to get a carafe when you visit.

Loring Pasta Bar: I have had this particular entree twice in the span of 5 weeks! Orchetta in a light buttery, citrus sauce, with green beans and mushroom, served with yummy fresh Parmesan. I give it to them for being innovative, its like nothing I have tasted before. Every bite so delightful! I have also had an asparagus orzo which was equally good. A very light sauce again, with spurts of juicy plum tomatoes and grilled artichoke. Have dinner and stay for salsa on friday nights. The decor is warm and grand with multilevel seating and a live band.
Ecopolitan
Crescent Moon Bakery
Jasmine Deli
Pancho Villa
Bangkok Thai Deli
Crema Cafe
Pizza Luce


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP