Winter spice, brown rice pudding

As the weather gets cooler I love making different kinds of pudding.


They are very simple. I call them the 3 step pudding.

1. For starch I use one of the following - cooked - rice, brown rice, semolina noodles, or whole wheat grain.
2. I always cook the starch in organic 2% milk with desired amount of sugar.
3. For spice - its a varied combination of the following - cardamom, nutmeg, raisins, cranberries, dates, almonds, pistachio, walnuts, melon seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds.

Basic method - Cook everything on a low simmer and keep stirring, and keep adding milk as it evaporates.

I wing the proportions every time, as much milk as you want - if you like it runny or thick.
As much sugar as you like, I like mine less sweet.
And as much spice and nuts as you want.

This time it was brown rice, cardamom, nutmeg, raisins, melon seeds and almonds.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP