Mediterranean Penne


Get your ingredients ready: I sliced up some white onion, red peppers and pickled jalapeno, then took generous scoops of kalamata olives and capers.

I set the pasta to boil with some salt and oil.

While the pasta cooked, I sauteed the vegetables with paprika and some salt.

As the vegetables got tender, I added peeled zucchini and paneer (from Costco) chunks.

Folding all the vegetables gently, I allowed the zucchini to cook for a few minutes

Lastly I added the drained aldente pasta, together with the sauce, then lid the pot to simmer for 5-7mins. And its ready. Pour yourself a glass of your favorite wine and enjoy your meal - tangy, juicy sweet, flavorful bites..


4 comments:

Jackie October 18, 2011  

Yummy! I shared your blog with my mom and she is now going to pass it onto her friends and family. One of my cousins recently became vegetarian but is having trouble maintaining a balanced diet. Your blog is going to be really helpful to her!

sushmita ramachandran November 27, 2011  

Hi Shweta- I love looking at your recipes and amazing pics of all the food :) I was wondering..I could use feta cheese instead of paneer in this recipe right?

Shweta Humad Sharma November 27, 2011  

Thank you Sushmita! The olives, capers and pickled peppers add salt to the dish, and feta might make it all a tat bit too salty, try it though.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP