Butternut squash ravioli

OK I have to confess, I didn't make the ravioli. It was such a great find at our local grocery store (CubFoods) and made for an extremely satisfying dinner. Four servings of sweet butternut filled ravioli for a great deal too.

I just put them in boiling water with salt and olive oil for 6-7 minutes and made a fresh pesto.

For the pesto: I blended garden fresh basil with copious amounts of extra virgin olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, walnuts, peppercorn, Peccorino and fresh Parmesan.

Then I sauteed the pesto with more olive oil, some milk and gently wrapped in the ravioli.

We had delicious farm produce vine tomatoes that our neighbors gave us earlier in the day. The tastiest tomatoes I have had! Just sliced them with pepper and red wine vinaigrette. The tart of the tomatoes, with the butternut sweet was delicately balanced by the rose for the evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP