Postpartum do's and donts

I am no physician or dietitian, I am just giving you what worked for me based on family advice - in order to regain my strength, my Hb, my Calcium, and keep baby free of colic. My Hb on this diet and mom's TLC was the highest its ever been: 14.5! The nurse doing the Hb test at my 6wk postpartum check was so surprised and asked if I was taking supplements? No :)

And my daughter has been colic free since (knocking on wood...)

Foods I stayed away from
1. Cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage
2. Leavened breads
3. Indian rice/lentil leavened preparations such as dosa, idli
4. Potato
5. Fried food
6. White flour based products - pastas, noodles
7. Restaurant food in general
8. And of course all meats in my case

Ingredients in my meals
1. Split lentils
2. Buckwheat, bulgur wheat, rice, oats
3. Whole wheat four unleavened bread
4. Fresh fruits, juices
5. Yogurt
6. Nuts
7. Jaggery
8. Coconut
9. Clarified butter
10. Milk
11. Spices: Ginger powder, cardamom, saffron, turmeric, black pepper, asafoetida
12. Seeds: aniseed, bishop's weed, cumin, fenugreek, dill seed
13. Vegetables: tomato, squash, zucchini, okra, bitter gourd, ivy gourd, french beans, flat beans, bell pepper, garlic, string beans, fenugreek leaves, eggplant, onion
14. Medicinal herb powders that Mom got from India (I need to learn about these)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP