Apple oatmeal pancakes


I put together this recipe in an attempt to make my pancakes healthier, more interesting and primarily to tie together sweet and savory flavors.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup savory cheese (I used jalapeno flavored)
3/4 cup apple sauce
3/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup pancake flour
Milk to bind the batter



I mixed the ingredients to a smooth batter and warmed up a non-stick pan with very very little butter. I served it with a cherry preserve warmed up with some table white wine and honey. You can try the pancakes with just honey too, the flavors are more distinct that way.

1 comments:

Meenu Sharma February 14, 2010  

I am not a pancake person but this looks appetizing and healthy.I am now motivated to try making these.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP