Skillet brussels sprouts

I started with 3-4 tbsp of olive oil, half a large red onion, handful raisins, fresh thyme and sea salt. While the onions sizzled, I cracked some fresh pepper, added 1 tsp of white pepper, 1 tsp of tandoori masala, and a dash of red wine vinaigrette.



Then added a bag of frozen brussels sprouts that I had halved. I realized after the fact that I'd like them in a skillet so I can brown them to a nice golden crisp. So I transferred everything into a skillet and let it cook for about 20mins stirring every couple minutes for uniform color and texture. I was very happy with the dish - the brussels sprouts were a delicious crisp with bursts of tangy and earthy juices.

Next time I am going to start in the skillet from the beginning.

1 comments:

Meenu Sharma June 27, 2010  

I made brussels sprouts today. It turned out really good although I used yellow onions instead of red, dry thyme instead of fresh and white wine vinegar instead of red wine vinaigrette but it still was yum.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP