Deconstructed Hash Browns



Whenever I order hash browns at a restaurant I always wish there would be an option to order them spicy, with some Indian flavors. And so this past weekend I made my version of hash browns. I took 2 frozen hash brown patties and crumbled them apart on a non-stick with some oil. Then chopped in half an onion, some diced garlic and sprinkled spices listed below.

Ingredients:
2 frozen hash brown patties
salt to taste
1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
1 small white onion diced
1 small garlic pod diced
3 tsp oil
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp chaat masala (Indian store)

Garnish:
handful of shredded cheddar
chives for garnish
squeeze of fresh lime
squirt of your favorite hot sauce

I sauteed everything till the potato was a nice golden brown. Then took it off the pan, plated the hash brown, sprinkled the cheese and microwaved for 15-20secs to melt the cheese. I garnished with chives, squeeze of lime and hot sauce. And there you have it - Deconstructed hash browns :)

We had toast with almond butter and fresh juicy strawberries with a cup of chai.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP