Bangkok Thai Deli

Have you ever had coconut soup? I did a long time ago at a Thai restaurant in Alpharetta GA and never again did I find a combination of those flavors - tangy, light, with a kick, some sweet and mouthfuls of vegetables! But I did - just recently at the Bangkok thai deli and supermarket in St. Paul MN.

The deli was an absolute hidden treasure. My friends that were meeting us there went up and down the street a couple times and completely missed the deli. Its housed inside a rundown, short, no-name building. The area around it is comparably rundown too I'd say. But as you walk in, you will be pleasantly surprised at the expansive Asian market galore - there's a grocery store with Asian vegetables (lemon grass too!), tailoring/alteration shop, Asian parlor, and this deli - smack in the middle of the market. A no-frills seating with friendly staff who speak broken English. We got the soup and split it in two -- slurped every last bit of it.

Address: 315 University Ave W, Saint Paul, MN 55103

I couldnt find a website, I ended up trying this place based on a bunch of local blog reviews and I am so glad I did. I am going to go back to try more dishes.









1 comments:

Nithu June 03, 2010  

I have never had coconut soup. This is something new to me. Looks nice. When you have time, check our Sizzling Summer Contest in ST and we would be happy to see your participation. you could win one of two $50 prizes.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP